2/5/14

Leibster Awards

I just had the privilege of learning that this really great blog, Healing Hopefully, has awarded me with a Leibster! 



No, seriously, she did. Even though I've been unable to blog lately and have been totally slacking, she has passed the torch to me. I'm extremely honored! I am also feeling that proverbial kick-in-the pants I needed to get back on track. Thank you, Megan. I needed that ;) 

I know a bit about the Leibster blogging award and what it's all about because I received it last year from Just Mildly Medicated (another super awesome spoonie blog). So here's the gist:

It's an awarded given by bloggers, to bloggers. It's reserved for "smaller" blogs - blogs with under 200 followers. It's pretty awesome. 




The questions Healing Hopefully asked us: 

1. Why did you start blogging?

It was initially just something to claim as my own. Something I did for me, at a time when all my other hobbies seemed to have vanished. Now, it has morphed into something I hope helps others. I blog about disabilities, chronic illness, autism, and eating disorders. I blog about the inqualities and ignorant preconcived notions drawn up regarding them. I blog about awareness and hope. 

2. What are your favorite hobbies?

Drawing, painting, crafting, reading, watching movies... 

3. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

Oh my, that's a very tough question. There are so many places I've dreamt of visiting. Of those places, I've plucked my top bucket list destinations: First and foremost, my husband has always dreamt of going to Alaska. I would love to take him there, and hopefully hear the Denali wolves sing :) 

After that, my main Bucket List destinations are: 

France - I just must see the Louve before I die. I'd also love to see the French countryside and lavender fields. 

Scotland - My husband and many of my friends have been to Scotland for pipe band (that's Bagpipes and drums) competatitions. I missed out on them but have heard its wonderful. My husband says that 
if all the places he's been, he'd love to take e there. That says a lot because he doesn't like to travel 
and would rather be a hermit on the side of a mountain. Lol. 

4. What is your favorite color and why?

Purple. 
Aside from amethyst being my birthstone, there are many other reasons why I favor it. Purple balances the intense, stimulating reds and the calming blues. It garners spirituality and creativity. It's the color of the crown chakra - Sahasrara - responsible for the nervous system. For someone with Dysautonomia and Epilepsy it seems both appropriate and ironic that my color represents the nervous system, lol. Interestingly enough, I've been told that my aura is purple. 

5. Do you have any pets? 

Yes, I do! I have 4 dogs and 3 snakes. And I love them dearly :) 

6. What's your favorite way to pass the time in bed while you or your loved one is ill?

Definitely Netflix! Reading is a super close second and of course, wasting time on the internet (namely Pinterest and Facebook) are way up there. I also really enjoy sketching when I'm able to be upright long enough. 

7. What is your favorite food?

Chocolate!!!! Anything chocolate. Especially dark chocolate. I swear I would love to live off of chocolate and coffee if I could!

8. Can you remember a recent dream you had? What was it about?

Many of my dreams are very vivid and, when they are, I often wake up feelling disoriented and exasperated. The context of my dreams seem to dissolve as I become more awake and alert. As the minutes pass, the dream vanishes. I can only remember bits and peices from them, but the theme and energy remains as vivid as whilst I was in them. Lately, the themes and energys have revolved around the old/past/familiar vs the new/future/unknown with both content and anxious energies intertwining amongst the dreams' phases. 

9. What is your favorite thing about yourself? 

My fervent desire to learn. My empathetic abilities would be my top pick, but it is often more of a curse than a blessing. 

10. What is your favorite quote?

This is another question that simply I can not strip away to just one. So are here are a few of my favs. I like quotes and there are so, so many that I love. To see what I mean just check out my Words to Live By  Pin board ;)

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Nietzsche             
"Even the darkest night shall end and the sun will rise." - Victor Hugo 
"Though she be but small, she is fierce." - Shakespeare 

My 11 Random Facts:

1. I have 2 children under the age of 5
2. Aside from Dysautonomia (both POTS and NCS) I also have Gastroparesis, Epilepsy, Neuropathy, and sensory sensitivities. 
3.  I love animals and consider myself an animal activist.
4. My favorite animal is the wolf. I simply love wolves.
5. I'm a vegetarian. The rest of my family is not. 
6. I'm a Marine wife. My husband was honorably discharged about a year ago. 
7. We've been married for 9 yrs. 10 this October. 
8. Ummmm.... This is getting tricky.... Oh! I'm 27 years old (haha, found an easy one!)
9. I am an eating disorder survivor. 
10. I love old movies. I mean, real old. Like 1920's-1940's old. 
11. My top 3 favorite books are: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, We the Living by Ayn Rand, and Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher. 


Being the small blog that I am, I don't really know 11 "smallish" blogs *embarassed* So, I'll be awarding 4 amazing blogs. Drum roll, please..... 




My questions for them are:

1.) What is your favorite food?
2.) Why did you start blogging?
3.) What is your favorite book?
4.) What is your favorite (or a couple) quotes?
5.) If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
6.) Your taking a trip. Money is no object. Neither are physical limitations or obligations. Where do you go?
7.) What is something high up on your Bucket List?
8.) If you could give one piece of advice (on life, in general) what would it be?
9.) Do you have any pets?
10.) What's your favorite way to unwind?
11.) Name something on your wish list. 



No comments:

Post a Comment